Motto

"All the time I'm not writing I feel like a criminal." -Fran Lebowitz

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

"You Know What This Song's About?"

In 2005, I wrote a night of one-act plays for Zombie Joe’s Underground Theatre, entitled Time Travel. One of those plays, “Marriage”, dealt with a relationship borne out of the urban legend behind a famous pop song by Phil Collins.

One of my proudest achievements as a writer thus far is, due to that one-act play, I still get phone calls and emails from friends and family, out of the blue, saying, “You know what this song’s about?” or “Guess what goddamn song I heard today?” or “Man, you have ruined that friggin’ song for me, forever.”

A few years after Time Travel, my friend Jon White (look for his band Monster Soup’s kick-ass album “Damn I’m Good” - coming soon, and he is) and I shot the one-acts as short films. Here’s the opening to “You Know What This Song’s About?” just a taste of the piece.

I have other films. I’ll post them as we go. I plan to make other films. I’ll post them as we go. I hope you enjoy them. Please tell people, as we go. ‘Cause that’s part of how we’ll go...together, eh?