Motto

"All the time I'm not writing I feel like a criminal." -Fran Lebowitz

Thursday, July 10, 2014

#RogueTripMGW - MY NEWEST, EARTH-SHATTERING ARTISTIC PROJECT

Here's a photographic series I've let marinate in my brain for a while, that I can finally - finally - bring to fruition. Sometimes you have an idea that you simply know in your bones will change everything. Everything. This trip will finally give me a chance to give it life, to allow it to breathe, to burst into your consciousness, forever altering your ideas about art, about the appreciation of art, about strolling through a permanent structure oblivious to the moving parts within. As I travel, I'll go to as many world-renowned museums (art, history, etc.) as I can, and as I look at some of the many masterpieces that have been created and preserved throughout mankind, I'll take spontaneous, both permitted and stolen, and organic pictures...of the people who guard them. Behold, William Norrett's photographic series, "Museum Guards of the World".

Today's installation is entitled:
"Sydney Museum of Contemporary Art, 10.07.2014. Morning."

"Alana* No. 1 ('Please, sir - carry your backpack either with your hand or strapped to your front side.')" -Sydney Museum of Contemporary Art, 10.07.2014

"Alana* No. 2. ('Yea, people seem to have a lack of self-awareness when they carry it on their back.')" -Sydney Museum of Contemporary Art, 10.07.2014

"Lachlan* No. 1 ('Please, sir - carry your backpack either with your,  yes, that's right. Thank you.')" -Syndey Museum of Contemporary Art, 10.07.2014

"Oliver* No. 1 (Post-Directing Mother/Child to Nearest Restroom)" -Sydney Museum of Contemporary Art, 10.07.2014

"Lachlan* No. 2 ('No, s'all right, I'm just trying to get a shot of this, myself.')" -Sydney Museum of Contemporary Art, 10.07.2014

*All names are aliases, obviously. Yeah, like I went up to them and asked them for their real names. (eye roll) But I do feel whatever their true sobriquets are, the names I've given them fit much, much more fitting.