Motto

"All the time I'm not writing I feel like a criminal." -Fran Lebowitz

Monday, August 15, 2016

OHO Update - August 15, 2016

Greetings, everyone! Thanks for taking a look at the first update on the ongoing production of One Hour Outcall. Check back here as things move forward; I’ll be posting progress reports, diary entries, and various other sundries to keep you all informed.
     
Things have officially kicked off, and my mindset constantly bounces back and forth between “We have time,” and “Oh, crap, we’re running out of time!” There are a lot of moving parts to independent film production. It feels like I’m trying to herd several different animals in a line so that no one gets left behind.

Many of you received the initial announcement last week. As mentioned, I plan to raise $40,000 to see us all the way through submitting for festivals, so if you’d like to help, please get in touch with me. Know that your contribution will go towards creating a dynamic, unique independent film, and a further building of my creative voice. It’s my most ambitious project to date. I will need all the help I can get.

T. Arthur Cottam, One Hour Outcall’s director, and I met last week for a terrific “kitchen sink” pre-production meeting, which means we talked about everything, and then I realized fifty things that we forgot to talk about five minutes after I drove away. We’ve talked again since. T.’s busy this week breaking down my script, with an eye towards production taking place between late October and November.

Much of what we discussed had to do with casting, of course. If I do say so myself, One Hour Outcall has several challenging, meaty roles for actors - especially for women. We’re shooting to have auditions by month’s end, and I will post the breakdown of available roles later today. When I do, please take a look (please read carefully), pass along to anyone you think might be right, and if you’re interested, please email me at 1ho.thefilm@gmail.com.

Our social media’s beginning to grind. If you’re not following on Twitter, the handle is @OHOfilm - follow, RT, all that jazz. If you haven’t “liked” the Sophisticated Rogue Media page on Facebook already, get on over there and do so. I'll strive to make One Hour Outcall’s presence known on social media so we can build momentum as production approaches.

Okay, that’s it for now. My split brain continues to battle itself.

“We have time.”


“Oh, crap, we’re running out of time!”