Motto

"All the time I'm not writing I feel like a criminal." -Fran Lebowitz

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Sophisticated Rogue Update

Hey. Hi. Nice to see you. Yeah, it's been awhile. Six months. Yeah, I get that. Six. Yeah, I'm sorry. I know.  Okay.

Huh? Well, I've been back in the United States for just over six months now, bouncing back and forth from Los Angeles, CA to Boise, ID, around the midwest, and now Philadelphia, PA. I'm trying to figure out what the next step is (spoiler alert: (shrug)), trying to get some things down on paper, trying to decide what creative projects I want to complete next, and decompressing from what was an amazing trip that's only gaining in meaning to me the further I get away from it.


But six months seems like more than enough time to take off from this blog, so let this serve as a re-acquaintance, maintenance, etc. Few things:


1. If you look at the toolbar, you'll see a page marked "Rogue Trip - Full". I've gone through all of my posts during my trip around the world, compiled all of my writings ("Travel Dispatches," "Rogue Trip Playlettes," and various other thoughts), and put them in chronological order. It came out to 86 single-spaced pages, which surprised the Hell out of me. Like three of those pages are actually interesting! Seriously, as I compiled the posts I read some of them, and they did bring a smile to my face. I've been writing about the trip since I've returned to the United States in the hope that something tangible (a book, play, whatever) will emerge from my memories of 27 countries in ten months. Having the written posts all in order did start to make the narrative congeal for me. Maybe you'll enjoy the congealing, too. 


Next, I'll be breaking them up into individual posts on the page, tagging them, etc. for easier navigation.


2. I'm heading back to Los Angeles next week, where I'll begin rehearsals for the re-mounting of The Sophisticated Rogue, a play I wrote and first mounted at Zombie Joe's Underground Theatre in 2006. Then I directed but this time I'm actually acting in it, a terrifying prospect. I'll be sure to pass along more information as it emerges, but for now know it'll run for three Saturday performances only - December 5th, 12th, and 19th at 8:30pm. Also, I'll be maintaining sort of a "production diary" during rehearsals on this blog, just to capture the magnitude of my fear and anxiety of performing the largest role I've ever done... 


3. If you've arrived at this page on your own, be sure to "like" Sophisticated Rogue Media on Facebook, and follow me @NobleJester on Twitter (I'm consolidating my Twitter into just one account). If you have friends who might like my stuff, let 'em know.


4. I'm going to be posting on the blog more often, updating everyone on my creative stuff, and bringing people along on some ideas that I want to complete, so be sure to check back to see what's up.


5. I would like to thank everyone who checked out the blog during my trip. I was away for a long time, and the encouragement I received from people who enjoyed what I posted was a huge help in getting me through it. I'm glad you could watch my journey, in a way. But traveling was only the first part of the "trip." Now that I'm back, the second part is to have my travels prompt me to greater art, to become more productive and grow as a writer. Hopefully you'll continue to watch as the journey continues.