Motto

"All the time I'm not writing I feel like a criminal." -Fran Lebowitz

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

PRESIDENTIAL SUITE - T-52 Days & Counting

Things continue apace with Presidential Suite as we move towards the start of rehearsals this Saturday, August 10th. Here you can check out our first illustration, for the web-only, which we think gives a nice sense of the whimsical fun to be had during the show.

As the week progresses, I'm working on nailing down rehearsal time/space, listing, lining up, and hunting down the props and costumes that we're gonna need, and trying to rest up so I can be prepared for the next two months. Looking at my schedule, it does NOT appear as if I'm going to have much time to relax before we open on Friday, September 27th.

Every day seems to bring with it a different fire to put out, a different challenge to overcome, or a different obstacle to be avoided. But I'm determined during this process to take each thing as it comes, to roll with the punches and inevitable dramas that arise. I've committed to not reacting when something arises, to taking a step back, a deep breath, and a positive eye...Bets on how long that'll last?