Motto

"All the time I'm not writing I feel like a criminal." -Fran Lebowitz

Monday, November 24, 2014

#RogueTripPlaylette - 24.11.2014

INT. BAR, BANGKOK THAILAND - EVENING
(BILL sits nursing a beer while a cover band plays a song, the lead SINGER soft but enthusiastic.)


SINGER: (singing) My baby's gone/I have no friends.
BILL: (to self) Man, he's really butchering this.
SINGER: (singing) To wish me greetings once again.
BILL (to self) Song SOUNDS familiar...what is it, though?
SINGER: (singing) Choirs will be singing "Silent Night"...
BILL: (to self) Wait a second-
SINGER: (singing) Christmas carols by candlelight.
BILL: Oh, shit.
SINGER: (singing) Please come home for Christmas.
BILL: (sighs) Shit.
SINGER: (singing) Please come home for Christmas.


(BILL takes a pull of beer. Pause.)


BILL: (sighs) This might be a longer month than I anticipated.