Motto

"All the time I'm not writing I feel like a criminal." -Fran Lebowitz

Monday, July 30, 2012

Vanilla Gigolo Prescription Reading


Here are some pictures from the reading last Thursday. Thanks again to everyone who attended, ate my food, though not enough of it for me not to have leftovers (sigh). Interspersed with the pics are some folks' reactions to it & the novel The Vanilla Gigolo Prescription.


I'm off to get on a treadmill (sigh)...
(Photos taken by Amy Paliwoda and Nebojsa Prodic)


Pre-Game
"Bill Norrett is one of my favorite authors, having directed a couple of his plays, and seen everyone of the others! Now he's a novelist. Fantastic! A must read!"
-Denise Devin, Lead Director, ZJU Theater Group.
Pre-Game
"I am thoroughly enjoying The Vanilla Gigolo Prescription.  The writing and characters are full of wonderful (if self-deprecating) energy, so it was a special treat to see them brought to life not only by the author, but by the friends on which his characters are based.  It made the reading come alive in a way the whole audience enjoyed.  Seeing the characters performed by the guys who inspired them allowed those watching to see how spot-on Norrett's depictions are, while Norrett's narration of the underlying tensions and motivations showed the audience (many of whom may be familiar only with his playwriting) that he has more to offer than just snappy dialogue.  It was a highly entertaining evening that left everyone excited about the new novel.  My girlfriend is now nagging me to finish the book so she can read it."
-Matt DeNoto, Writer/Director, "HP +10" Webseries

"I've been excited to read this book for a while now, and after hearing Chapter Five performed live (by the very people who inspired the characters), I cannot wait! Norrett's style is not only endearing and self-deprecating, it's also smart. The sooner I get my hands on a copy of The Vanilla Gigolo Prescription, the better -- and anyone else who enjoys a fun read should feel likewise."
-Dana DeRuyck, Actress

"Bill Norrett is one of my favorite contemporary writers. I’m so glad to see the book in print."
-Josh T. Ryan, Actor/Director