Motto

"All the time I'm not writing I feel like a criminal." -Fran Lebowitz

Sunday, October 12, 2014

#RogueTripPlaylette - 28.09.2014

INT. PHNOM PENH INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT CHECK-IN - MORNING
TICKET AGENT: You speak Chinese?
BILLY: (sighs) No.
TICKET AGENT: (sighs) No. (looks at Bill's backpack) You will have to get your bag after you land on our plane before you get on the other plane.
BILLY: (looks at bag) Really? 'Cause I'm going on separate airlines?
TICKET AGENT: Yes.
BILLY: (sighs) Ai ya.
TICKET AGENT: You know "Ai ya"?
BILLY: (nods) I know "Ai ya." (sighs) There's no way I'm not losing this bag, is there?
TICKET AGENT: No way.
BILLY: Yeah, I mean there's no possi-
TICKET AGENT: I know "No way."
BILLY: Oh.
(Pause. Ticket Agent nods to herself, then takes a sticker out of her desk and wraps it around Billy's backpack handle. It reads "Approved Carry On Baggage". Billy looks.)
BILLY: Oh, I can carry it?
TICKET AGENT: I will allow you.
BILLY: You'll allow me?
TICKET AGENT: (nods, closes/opens eyes) I will allow you.
BILLY: Wow. Thank you.
TICKET AGENT: (smiles) I know "Wow." Wow.